Interesting to know that corona killing stock, entertainment, travel industry which were going and doing very well earlier, v/s corona related industry picking up. This is also true for medical companies who no one knew before but now back in news, as they are making drugs to fight it off.. so wondering “Is Corona a man made fear so to tilt market other direction”?
Warren Buffett — arguably the world's most famous investor — one famously declared: “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.”
Jeremy Siegel, professor of finance at the Wharton School, says the coronavirus-induced stock selloff could present a buying opportunity of a lifetime.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals .Biocryst is, evaluating a drug, galidesivir, that could potentially target the coronavirus . Galidesivir is currently in a phase 1 clinical study. Learn more at https://www.biocryst.com/our-program/galidesivir/
- Gilead Sciences. The big biotech is now thinking about evaluating its antiviral drug remdesivir, which targets Ebola virus and Marburg virus, as a potential coronavirus treatment. Reuters reported last week that Gilead is in discussions with researchers in China and the U.S. about the potential for remdesivir to be used in treating the coronavirus.
- Moderna recently received a grant from CEPI to develop a coronavirus vaccine. Moderna already has five experimental vaccines in testing that use messenger RNA (mRNA) to prevent or control viral infections, including mRNA vaccines targeting respiratory syncytial virus and Zika virus. The biotech thinks that its mRNA approach could “stimulate a more potent immune response” and potentially set the stage for “rapid discovery to respond to emerging pandemic threats.” Moderna Inc. has shipped a batch of mRNA-based candidate mRNA-1273 for trials.
- Novavax shifts some resources to focus on the coronavirus, the biotech's lead candidate is its nanoparticle-based flu vaccine NanoFlu. Novavax expects to report results from a late-stage clinical study of the vaccine later in the first quarter of 2020. NanoFlu top-line data from Phase 3 clinical trial expected by the end of this month.
- Inovio. The coronavirus threat has bolstered interest in Inovio's antiviral programs. Inovio said Thursday that it has received a $5 million grant from the Gates Foundation to fund development of a smart device that could inject its vaccine. Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc. expects to be in human trials in April with a DNA-based vaccine.
How to protect yourself
- Try to avoid contact with people who display symptoms similar to those of pneumonia or the common cold, like coughing or a runny nose.
- Don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and scrub for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when possible.
- Avoid animals and animal markets.
The World Health Organization is set to hold an emergency meeting on Wednesday on whether to declare the outbreak a global health emergency.
Also read my article
- Get 10% on iHerb Exclusives: GEX9988 attached | Get 10% on iHerb Exclusives:
- Get a $10 Gift Card to your favorite store! | Get a $10 Gift Card to your favorite store! Love Honey? Refer 2 friends to get $10 in Honey Gold, redeemable for gift cards at some of the most popular stores.
- Rakuten.com | I love getting cash back and think you will too! Join for free and get $10 when you spend $25.
- Sell online for Free For Life. Upgrade today | Sell online for Free For Life. Upgrade today
- Take surveys. Get PAID. | Take surveys. Get PAID. Be an influencer. Share your opinion to help brands deliver better products & services.
- Save Up to 80% On Clearance Books! | Save Up to 80% On Clearance Books!
- Bonsai trees under 30 | Bonsai trees under 30
- 65% Off The Best Products at Appliances Connection | 65% Off The Best Products at Appliances Connection
- Monthly Flowers Gifts | Monthly Flowers Gifts
- Save 70%..Acuvue | Save 70%..Acuvue
Defense for Self
- 6 Pepper Spray for your defence | Pepper Spray Keychain